Kevin Leman says that “Sex Begins in the Kitchen.” Les and Leslie Parrott talk about “Saving Your Marriage Before it Starts.” Greg and Erin Smalley say that “Before you Plan Your Wedding…Plan Your Marriage.”
These are incredible resources for the man or woman wanting to MARRY WELL. What I am finding as a professional counselor and family life coach is that most men will not read these books. So how can we educate men on key issues they need to watch for, pay attention to, and be aware of – both personally, and in a future wife?
A Brief Summary:
- Men, Be Intentional. Create, know, and live by an Ethos that honors others. This goes for how you talk to a woman, touch, look at, etc.
- Sex is about relationship, not a thing you do. You are a sexual being. This is to be stewarded and guarded. Doing so saves so much fear, headache and heartache. There are no scares or need to seek medical attention for a potential disease or pregnancy.
- Men, what kind of marriage and family and home life do you want? Know the answer to that. Have a vision for your future. Discuss this with others and refine and mature this vision – in community.
- Do not live together! This is a critical one for marital success.
- Kill your porn consumption. This, for many healthy wives is nearly as bad as cheating. Learn to live without this junk NOW! Don’t wait until you are married – I guarantee you will bring it into your habits in marriage if you do not kill it now.
- Be active in your local church – not just attending. Use your skills and talents to serve those in need. This shows a potential life-partner that you are more about others than yourself.
- Be making a difference in your community – serve in scouts or athletics or in some way that impacts your community and makes where you live a better place.
Follow these men and you will be very attractive to the healthy women in you world. Go now and make your world a better place!
TO find out more about how to do this – check out my online course on “Love, Sex, Dating, & Marriage with Dr G” by clicking here.
To work on Building a strong er Sexual Ethic and diving deeper into this part of who you are – join my membership site (opening soon) by going to www.buildyourethos.com