We ought not be surprised. But, we MUST do something about it though. Our children need us to be stronger than technology and media and the culture and lead them well. What does this look like?
- Get them playing.
- Let then handle the disagreements without our immediate intervention.
- Get them outside.
- Decrease media usage and teach them the “why.”
- Model play for them (we might need to loosen up).
- Create space in and outside of our home for play.
- Empower children at all ages to set goals and achieve wins (and experience losses).
Encourage children to be WHOLE people – physical health, spiritual depth, emotional stability, a strong work ethic, and community.